As I browsed through some of my articles, written for my “Country Kitchen” newspaper column and blog, I came across one called, Collecting Recipe Cards.Always turning my mind to home business ideas, for myself and to suggest to others, I wondered, “Could someone develop an online business with recipe cards?”Then I brainstormed:
- Recipe cards with regional recipes
- Recipe cards with family recipes
- Recipe cards with ethnic recipes
- Recipe cards with recipes one collected in their travels.
- Holiday recipes
- Seasonal recipes
- Blank, but decorated recipe cards
- Recipe cards you customize for families
To accompany these:
- Decorative recipe card boxes
- Scrapbooking items for decorating recipe cards.
- A scrapbook for keeping recipe cards in various categories.
- Create recipe post cards
- Design and make recipe note cards
How to promote:
- Develop a blog
- Design a web site
- Check to see if there are cooperative web sites for selling such items
- Take part in craft fairs
Now…do I want to develop a Recipe Card Business? Would I have time? Do you want to try the idea?